Once you have your car shipped to Alaska, you are likely going to need to get it serviced or repaired sooner than later. You might just need a tire rotation, or maybe your heat stopped working which could be dangerous in the Alaskan climate during certain times of the year.
Alaska has many automotive service shops. This makes sense because cars always need more service the colder the weather gets.
However, some of these shops might not have great reputations. That is why we assembled the following list, so you can choose from the best of the best for your automotive service needs.
- L & M Motors Inc. - In business for over thirty years L & M Motors Inc. is a very reputable automotive service shop in Anchorage. They offer service for alignment, brakes, tires, transmissions, oil changes and much more. You can call them at 907-563-4994.
- Big O’s Automotive – Big O’s Automotive has been a renowned name in Anchorage automotive service for over two decades. Big O’s offers engine repair, fluid changes, brake repairs, alignments, transmission service, tune-ups and more. Call them at (907) 272-5461.
- Artic Import Repair – Another auto repair shop in Anchorage in business for over thirty years, Artic Import Repair offers a wide variety of services. These services include: engine repair, oil changes, air conditioning service and inspections. Give them a call at (907) 277-3399
- Fair Repair AK – Fair Repair AK offers oil changes, tire rotations, part replacement and much more. You can contact them at (907) 563-0700.
- Vato’s Garage – Vato’s offers brake services, engine repair, suspension services, tire rotation, and more. You can make an appointment by calling them at (907) 272-0000.
- Right Choice Automotive Repair – With over twenty-five years of experience, Right Choice Automotive Repair has long been a popular choice for the people of Fairbanks. They specialize in tune-ups, engine repairs, transmissions, heating, air conditioning and much more. Call them at (907) 322-2886.
- Grrr Safety and Services LLC – Grrr Safety and Services LLC was opened in 2016. They offer brake services, oil changes, engine repair, air conditioning services, tire rotation and a bunch more. You can call them for an appointment at (907) 371-0700.
- Simard Automotive – Simard Automotive is one of the most trusted names in Fairbanks when it comes to automotive service. They offer most automotive repair services you can think of such as: air conditioning, brakes, diagnostics, oil changes and emissions to name a few. You can call them at (855) 690-0889. They do have two locations in Fairbanks, so be sure to ask them which one your appointment is at.
- University Chevron – University Chevron has been in business since 1977. They specialize in engine service, brake repair, vehicle inspections and oil changes. They are also a NAPA AutoCare Center. Call them at (866) 833-7317.
- The Front End Shop – The Front End Shop was opened back in 1983. They offer inspections, tire rotation, brake services, suspension services, oil changes and more. Get in touch with them by calling (907) 479-7550.
- Fix Auto Juneau – Fix Auto Juneau specializes in dent repair, collision repair, and paint repair amongst other things. They can be reached at (877) 816-9058.
- Foreign Auto Repair – Foreign Auto repair does a little bit of everything. They fix alignments, batteries, belts, brakes, tires, front ends and more. They also offer diagnostics and oil changes. You can contact them at (907) 789-9778.
- Mike Hatch Auto Sales and Service – Mike Hatch Auto Sales and Service has been in business since 1979. Thy offer diagnostics, oil changes, inspections, tire service and more. They also offer “courtesy rides” which are rides back home and to the shop when your vehicle is being serviced so you won’t have to wait at the shop. Call them at (907) 586-3900.
- Wasilla Lube Express & Auto Mall – Wasilla Lube Express & Auto Mall is one of the more convenient auto service spots in Wasilla, Alaska. It is family owned and offers oil changes, air conditioning service, alignments, brake service, engine service and much more. Their phone number is (907) 373-4948 for the repair shop and (907) 376-9777 for the lube shop.
- Berkley Automotive Mobile Mechanic Services – Berkley Automotive Mobile Mechanic Services is a mobile mechanic service which means the mechanic will come to you. They offer a sixty day warranty on their work and offer service for general automotive issues and brakes. You can give them a call at (907) 315-7453.
- Wasilla Family Auto – Wasilla Family Auto is family owned and offers various brake and general auto motive repair services. Give them a call today at (907) 373-1948.
- All American Auto Repair – All American Auto Repair was founded in 1985 and has been serving the Ketchikan community ever since. They specialize in engine repair, heating and air conditioning repair, auto electrical work, inspections, oil changes and much more. Call them at (907) 225-1250.
- Lighthouse Service – Lighthouse Service is a NAPA Auto Center and has been serving Ketchikan for many years. They offer oil changes, engine repair, transmission service, body work and more. Contact them at 907-247-2244.
- Alyeska Tire – Alyeska Tire is a tire and automotive repair shop that’s been serving the Homer area for over thirty years. They specialize in axle repair, brake repair, climate control, oil changes, tire services such as alignment and much more. They can be reached at 907 235-8441.
- Redline Automotive – Redline Automotive just opened in the end of 2017. However, they do have a good reputation online though. They offer oil changes, brake services, tire services, battery services and more. Their phone number is (907)235-5463.
- Aftershock Automotive – Aftershock Automotive has been serving the Homer community for several years. They offer various automotive repair services. Call ahead for an appointment at 907-235-2700.
Always be sure to call any of these shops before you show up. Some might be by appointment only depending on how busy they are that particular day.
You can also look these shops up online to see if they have any customer reviews.
If you haven’t already shipped your car to Alaska, give Alaska Car Transport a call today at (907) 331-3100.