Alaska is the home of the world’s most beautiful scenery and is best explored through a road trips. Wherever you go, wilderness surrounds you with enormous mountains, animals appearing, and quaint small towns. And whenever you like, you can explore a side road, make discoveries, and linger for as long as you like.
Anchorage is a great base for scenic day drives and parks are easily accessible. Take off on the legendary Parks Highway, with views of Denali (Mt. McKinley); meander on the Seward Highway with coastal views or set off down the Glenn Highway to view the Matanuska Glacier. Explore the beauty of Alaska by car at your own pace.
See our list of favorite spots below. We hope you are inspired to take a road trip and explore the natural beauty of Alaska.
- Denali Park Road (McKinley Park to Kantishna)
- Matanuska Glacier Scenic Drive
- Anchorage to Seward (Seward Highway)
- Eklutna Lake Scenic Drive
- Exit Glacier Road
- Hatcher Pass Scenic Drive
- Turnagain Arm Drive
- Portage Valley & Whittier Tunnel Drive Guide
- Old Glenn Highway Scenic Drive
- Arctic Valley Road Scenic Drive